Tuesday, June 21, 2011

change is constant...

It always amazes me how much can change in a matter of moments...

Sunday morning I am jogging in Montréal looking forward to returning to my "normal" life in NY- as I cross the border into the US, I find out my father has been rushed to the ER due to immense pain in his side. As I arrive to NY, within the hour, I am driving home to PA to be with him at the hospital. As I drive past Philly, I learn that my position at RSAC is no longer available, due to an unprecedented slew of last-minute cancellations (fuckin' recession!). Too few students, and I am the "low-man."

So much, so soon.

While the lost teaching position sucks, given the context of my father's recent medical issue, it's all ok. Besides, Rutgers was more than clear that I'm on their short-list for future positions, certainly at RSAC and possibly something in the fall. So, all in all, it's all just fine.

Dad is already on  the mend, which is a relief. This latest hospital "visit" was caused by complications and side-effects from some of his meds (blood-thinners); all of which has been cleared up (hopefully), and resolved.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Truth is, I was gonna be home anyways, just under different circumstances.
What a difference a day makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment